The Imperial Theatre strives to provide you with a memorable theatre experience and we want you to help by remembering to show common courtesy to those around you. The following practices will ensure that everyone can fully enjoy the show.
At the Box Office
At time of purchase be sure to confirm the date and time on your tickets are the ones requested. Please note there are no refunds. Exchanges are permitted at least one day prior to a performance for a nominal $2 per ticket. (Theatre Sarnia Season Ticket and Package holders are exempt from this charge).
Before Arriving at the Theatre
The Imperial Theatre has no official dress code for attending our shows. Please remember that many people are highly allergic to perfume or cologne. The theatre does not allow babes in arms into the auditorium - everyone entering the theatre must have a ticket. We encourage you to bring your children to age appropriate productions.
At the Theatre
- Turn off all electronic devices : This includes all cell phones and similar devices, pagers, beepers, alarms or any device that can disturb the performers and your fellow audience members during a production.
- Be considerate : You are attending a live show with a live audience. Please do not talk, whisper, sing or hum during a performance unless you are encouraged by the performers to do so. The theatre is not the place to wear a hat, please remove to allow the person in the seat behind to fully enjoy the show.
- Refreshments : These may be purchased at the licenced Capitol bar or Nova Room bar prior to the show and during the intermission...the bars are closed during the performance. Only refreshments purchased at our bars may be taken into the auditorium. Please be aware that the noise made by unwrapping candy during the performance can be disruptive to those around you.
- Images : Photography of any kind, particularly flash photography is not permitted during a performance. Audio and Video recordings are strictly forbidden under copyright laws.
- Accessibility and Hearing Enhancement devices : Accessible seating is available for those in wheelchairs or using walkers. Please make your requirements known to the Box Office staff when purchasing tickets. The theatre is equipped with an infra-red hearing system and enhancement devices are available at no charge from Front of House staff.
- Be on Time : Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to showtime to allow you to park your car, find your seats and read any program before the show starts. The time posted on your ticket is the time the performance begins. Entering the theatre after a performance has begun is particularly disturbing to both performers and the audience. It is the policy of the Imperial Theatre that latecomers will be seated during a break in the performance at the discretion of the Front of House staff. To avoid disruption, latecomers may be asked to sit at the back until intermission.
- Show your appreciation : For those on stage, your applause and ovation are the ultimate reward for their artistic endeavours. If you enjoyed the show ... tell all your friends what a great time you had at the Imperial Theatre.
- Complaints : If there is a situation that requires attention please speak to an Usher or Front of House staff. The Imperial Theatre staff and volunteers work hard to ensure that your visit to our theatre is an enjoyable experience. We love it when you come to the Theatre!